The ingredients list for this delicious dish is surprisingly short: Chicken, spaghetti squash, spinach, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice and chicken stock combine together to deliver a distinctive, light taste. A great Veteran Move is to score the squash all the way around and precook it in the microwave before baking it in the oven.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 in (2-5 cm) pieces
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cherry tomato(600 g), halved
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup chicken broth(240 mL)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 8 oz baby spinach(225 g)
Preheat oven to 375
Heat a bit of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken breast and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Add lemon juice, chicken broth and Parmesan cheese to the sauce and cook until the liquid reduces by about half, 20 minutes.
Serve immediately with a little extra grated Parmesan cheese if you wish!