Dijon Salmon Butter Bowls are very easy to prepare and, when taken together, contain an abundance of delicious and nutritious ingredients. I like to make Pickled Ginger with Radishes as a side which also lets me employ another Veteran Move and use both my slicing mandolins large and small!
Salmon contains heart-healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and protein. In fact, wild-caught salmon’s nutrition profile makes it one of the world’s healthiest foods thanks to its high content of omega-3 fatty acids.
The Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish like salmon are credited with improving eyesight, heart and skin health as well as slowing cancer development.
Research suggests that the omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon and other fish contain natural anti-inflammatory properties and could help enhance bone health and ease conditions like osteoporosis.
It’s also well established that wild-caught salmon contains up to 25 percent more vitamin D than farmed salmon. This is important as vitamin D deficiency is linked to everything from cancer to multiple sclerosis to rheumatoid arthritis and heart disease.
PICKLED GINGER with RADISHES
Place the ginger and radish slices in a jar. In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Pour it over the ginger and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Store it in the fridge for a few days!
DIJON SALMON BOWLS
- 2- 4 salmon fillets (or 1- 2 lb salmon filet)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked brown jasmine rice
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- pickled ginger radishes to taste
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- In a bowl, stir together the butter, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon filet on the the sheet. Rub the top of each filet with the butter mixture, covering it completely.
- Roast for 15 minutes, until the salmon easily flakes with a fork and the top is slightly golden. Remove to assemble bowls.
- To assemble the bowls, add 1/2 to 1 cup of rice in each bowl. Top with sliced green onions, avocado and, if you prepared them, Pickled Ginger with Radishes.
- Drizzle each bowl with soy sauce and sesame oil.